REALLY stupid things that bug the crap out of me.

You know what really grinds my gears?

Well, I'll tell you:

1) Automated phone calls that make you press numbers.

Now, the phone call itself isn't what bugs me. I don't mind not having to talk to a real person. (That sounds weird...) I hate it when they say this:

"If this is correct, PRESS 1. If this is incorrect, PRESS 3."

Now, sometimes I'm in a hurry, and I don't like to listen to the robot all the way to the end. So I assume, as lots of normal people do, that in a natural succession of numbers, if you want to say no, and pressing 1 means yes, you'd press 2. But then when I press 2, it gives me the whole "That response does not exist" shpeel, thus prolonging my time on the phone, renewing my prescriptions, when I pressed 2 to speed things up in the first place. WHAT HAPPENED TO 2?????

2) Elevator buttons.

Specifically, elevator buttons that look like this:

What genius came up with THIS setup??? My eyeballs are going to go down the line, looking for the first floor, and I'm going to see numerical order UNTIL it goes out of order AND they've put the worst possible button in the position where the first floor button should go. I wonder how many false alarms have been called in because so many people have assumed, and rightfully so, that they were going to push the button for the first floor when, in actuality, they are pressing the button that calls the fire department and the police and the SWAT team to come to their rescue.

Mmkay. So they probably don't really even call anyone when you push that button, but STILL??

Bugs the shit out of me.

That's it, really. I just called ShopKo pharmacy to refill some prescriptions (I take drugs, y'all) and it reminded me of how stupid those automated calls are, which reminded me of the stupid buttons on the elevator.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

For now, I needs some eats. Some good eats. Not break room macaroni with hamburger meat. Ehhhh...

Peace.

Molly

Comments

  1. You know what I also hate-the automated calls things that make you talk to them. 1) I hate talking to a machine. It makes me feel RIDICULOUS! 2) Sometimes it doesn't get the words right. Phone: Briefly describe your problem. Me: Describe blah blah blah. Phone: Sorry, I didn't understand. Please repeat. ... OF COURSE YOU DIDN'T. YOU'RE NOT HUMAN!!!!

    I digress...one phone call like that and pushing numbers seems brilliant.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We. Want. Attention.

Job hunting is a funny thing.