Monk Monk

Where did all the time go? Wow. I feel like it was just 12:30. Now it's 2pm. Yeesh.

I've recently discovered Paint Brush, the equivalent of MS Paint for Macs, as you can see by some of my previous blogs in which I've included weird little drawings, and I just sat here for about a half hour drawing a picture of a stuffed monkey that I have, and have had since I was 6. His name is Monk Monk. He'll be 17 on New Year's Eve. They grow up so fast.


On my sister's birthday (New Year's Eve), my parents brought my sister and me to Cub Foods to pick up some things for Megan's birthday dinner, and probably the necessary birthday cake that we would inevitably eat that evening during the celebrations. We were there for food, but as we walked past a shelf full of monkeys and gorillas, I don't even know what it was that drew me to him, maybe it was his happy little smile, or his crooked little legs, but I picked him up, and, to my surprise, my mom said I could keep him.

I honestly do not know what it was about him. This silly, gangly little stuffed monkey. I had had so many other stuffed animals before him, so what was so special about Monk Monk is beyond me. Maybe it was because he was so huggable. He had long arms and legs that allowed for me to feel like he was hugging me back. That's weird. But true.

He's really been "my toy" ever since...yeah, I'm 23 years old and I still have a stuffed animal. What are you gonna do, fight about it? I'm a cuddler. When I have nobody to cuddle with, I have a stuffed monkey. Named Monk Monk. And he is wonderful.

I'm sorry for the lack of better things to write about. I'm in that lull of the day when I have nothing to do. Eventually, I will migrate into the kitchen and make myself something to eat, and then eventually I will look over the monologue I have to do for my audition for Twelve Angry Jurors.

For some reason, I don't feel in the Christmas spirit yet. I will be, eventually, I don't really know what is keeping the holly jolly out of my mind. Maybe it's because I couldn't find the Christmas 24/7 station until last week. I usually start to listen to Christmas music just after Halloween, or a bit later. At least a little bit. I have my cute little Charlie Brown tree that I got at ShopKo for six bucks on Black Friday, but that doesn't really help.

Maybe it's the lack of snow. Perhaps. I'm in more of a Winter Song mood, than a Deck the Halls mood.

I would like to host a holiday movie marathon. That would be fun, and maybe help get me into the spirit.

Who knows.

I need food. I'm hongry.

Peace.

Molly

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We. Want. Attention.

Job hunting is a funny thing.