Donuts for Dinner (or breakfast...)

This morning, I went to work as I normally do at 6am. But this morning was different! Because this morning, I knew it was going to rain, so the hope of being sent home early was instilled within my soul! So I kissed my bed goodbye and said I'd see it soon, and scuttled off to work.

When I got to the golf course, my boss was not there (as he said he'd be late) but everyone else was shuffling around the shop, getting whatever it was that they needed to do whatever it was that they needed to do. I checked the white board, expecting to see my name next to Holes or Tee Blocks, but to my surprise, I was set to do Fairways. I usually love doing Fairways, because it doesn't involve a whole lot of moving around (except on the mower's part) and it takes up a good 3 hours time, not including the hour it takes to clean off the equipment afterward. So I get on my merry way, riding this big orange lawn mower that looks like a weird lobster with reels, and started cutting some grass. About 5 minutes later, maybe fewer, I felt droplets of water falling on my nose. I didn't think much of it, it wasn't supposed to start really raining until 8:00. But a few passes later, my sweatshirt was becoming increasingly more wet. So when I finished the first fairway, I went back to the shop and grabbed some "duck" wear: yellow rain trousers and a yellow raincoat complete with hood and sense of humiliation. I didn't care that I looked ridiculous, because I was going to stay dry, and warm.

Long story short, it took me 3 hours to mow the fairways, my hands were freezing and wet, and my body was chilled to the core by the time I finished. I figured that we would be let go early, and I was excited to go to McDonald's to catch breakfast before going home. (I love McD's breakfast, I don't get it often.) But to my disappointment, the old guys left, and our boss kept giving us random crap to do around the shop. So, wet and cold, my co-worker and I grudgingly did the things asked of us, and finally at 10:40 (10 minutes after breakfast ended at Rotten Ronnie's), we got let go. So I decided to go to Stodola's in Luxemburg and get some donuts. Specifically, Long John's. I love Long John's. Especially custard filled with sprinkles.

So off I went, my socks soaked through my steel-toed boots, to get some delicious pastry goodness. I rocked out to some HAIR on the drive down 54. When I parked, I kept the car running and changed my boots for some flip flops, then turned off the car and headed into the store. It was raining, and I had just put slip-on shoes on after wearing big industrial boots all morning, so when I walked into the store I almost slipped and fell in front of 3 little old ladies who told me to be extra careful in "those" shoes. Laughing it off, I headed to the back of the store to the bakery.

To my second disappointment, the selection of donuts had dwindled significantly and there were some gross looking cake donuts and one ring donut with chocolate frosting. I was sadly let down. I really wanted a long john. Instead, I grabbed a box of "Raised" donuts, so they were called, 3 chocolate and 3 vanilla, and headed to the cash register. They would be just as good, right?

Well here I am, I just ate one of each flavor, and they were sort of crunch on the outside, but only in some places, and then really soft and delicious on some sides. The vanilla frosting had a freaky fruity taste that I could only make out a little, otherwise it was okay tasting? I don't know. I was less than pleased. I just wanted Long Johns. No, I just wanted an EGG MCMUFFIN!!! BAHHLFJLSKDFJLSKF!!

Peace.

Molly

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We. Want. Attention.

Job hunting is a funny thing.