Music worth investing in.

I'm sitting here in my Gender Development class, listening to my feminist professor give a presentation (PowerPoint included) on Women's Studies and how the entire area of study isn't really helping women's rights or women's anything at all. I'm not a fan. Not a fan.

So instead of actually paying attention, I decided to go through all the Genius Recommendations that the iTunes store had to offer me, and jot down all the artists that seemed interesting (basically whichever ones said "Similar to: Ingrid Michaelson/Sara Bareilles").

If anyone knows anything about any of these bands or artists, please comment below or Facebook me, and tell me what you think, and if their music is worth investing in.


MATT WHITE
YAEL NAIM
RACHAEL YAMAGATA
MARIE DIGBY
THE CIVIL WARS
SHE & HIM
LUCY SCHWARTZ - Winter in June
KATIE COSTELLO
KERI NOBLE
ALLISON WEISS
KATIE HERZIG
COMMUNIST DAUGHTER
KT TUNSTALL
SUFJAN STEVENS
KATE VOEGELE
THE HEREAFTER
MADISON
MISSY HIGGINS
JOY WILLIAMS
THE WEEPIES
THE LOVE WILLOWS
ROSIE THOMAS
ANNA NALICK
RILO KILEY
MARIA TAYLOR
THE CHAOS IN ORDER
GRACE POTTER & THE NOCTURNALS
MARIA MENA
BROOKE WHITE
SUGARPLUM FAIRIES
CHARLOTTE MARTIN
SLEEPERSTAR

Some of these bands I'm already aware of but only know a song of theirs that might be popular on the radio (i.e. Grace Potter, Anna Nalick, Maria Mena, KT Tunstall), but just because a band has one good song, doesn't mean the rest of their music is any good (AHEM BLACKEYEDPEAS what?). So please give me any input you can offer! I will love you forever and a half!

Anyway. That's about all I've got for now. I suppose I should actually pay attention to this woman rant (and when I say 'pay attention' I mean go back to looking at music on iTunes). 

Peace out.

Molly

Comments

  1. omg this post is so old so i'm sorry for being reallllly late but i LOVE katie costello. buy every album she has. also the civil wars are good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We. Want. Attention.

Job hunting is a funny thing.