Back with a vengeance.

We meet again, blogosphere.

I'm not going to lie, I don't know how coherent or entertaining this blog is going to be. I'm real distracted at the moment, but I've been meaning to blog for a long time now, and dammit, I plan on following through. The people must get what they want.

I am eating cake. It was my birthday last week Thursday, and my mom's is the day after mine, so we have a plethora of baked goods left over from our joint celebration. (And by joint I mean conjoined...) So, here I am, eating cake, and watching Antiques Road Show with my parents while I put off studying for an exam that I have tomorrow.

Yesterday I watched the Melissa McCarthy episode of SNL on Hulu. As I was waiting for it to buffer, I went to Subway to get dinner. I came home and ate while I watched the episode. It was all right, she's hilarious, but I think some of the skits were sort of strange and forgettable.

When I clicked out of the video and back to the interwebs, I found that my Twitter had exploded while I was watching SNL. All of the tweets said, "RIP Steve Jobs."

A few words on the passing of Steve Jobs:

First of all, I was saddened to hear of his death. He was an innovator, and he changed technology as we know it today. I love and appreciate all of the contributions that Steve Jobs has given the world. I will never go back to PCs now that I have my MacBook, and, after a very long period where I believed I would never in my life own an iPod (this was in high school, I was naive), I appreciate the compactness and convenience of my cute little pink Nano. God bless Steve Jobs.

I was perusing Facebook last night and saw that Ingrid Michaelson posted something in response to her previous post. She was shocked to see how many people were being disrespectful to Mr. Jobs, and that she was not in fact trying to be "trendy" by posting "RIP Steve Jobs" as her status. She does not believe that death is trendy.

I went through and read the comments from her previous post and found that the first comment said, "DON'T CARE." and it went from there. To those people who said that there are so many people who die every day and their deaths don't get worldwide recognition on Facebook or Twitter or the news or this blog , I say this:

If you want your death, or the death of a loved one to be known, make it known. Steve Jobs made a name for himself. People know who he is because of the things he contributed to the world, and to our lives. If you want people to wish you well after your life has ended, then follow in Mr. Jobs's footsteps make yourself known. Do something important. Create something invaluable. Write a song that will stay in everyone's heads forever. Write a book that will change people's perspective. Don't stand still in a crowd full of people standing still. Be that crazy person jumping up and down flailing your arms. If you don't do anything at all that would make even just one person notice you, then don't complain because nobody knows who you are.

I've spoken my peace. Which is what Steve Jobs should rest in.

It is good to see you again, Blogger-mongers. That's my new thing. Adding "mongers" to the ends of words that end in "-er". Like Twitter-mongers. I do that, too. On the Twitter.

I'd write more, but I've laundry and studying to do. Goodnight, y'all.

Peace and mexillence,

Molly

Comments

  1. Back with a vengeance = posting once a month.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We. Want. Attention.

Job hunting is a funny thing.