Go find your own.

Hey Hi Hello!

I have just spent a couple minutes reading some of my old posts.

I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for dumping sad-and-lonely all over you. Like a bucket full of soda. Like, cuz...soda's fun to drink but when it's dumped all over you it dries and gets sticky and leaves you feeling gross and like you need a shower.

This is my blog. What?

I can tell by looking at the stats of my page when I felt the most depressed. I blog more when I'm depressed. I have more free time to sit and write for no reason, and more colorful language with which to write. It was pretty pathetic, really.

So to make up for all the sad, I would like to dump some happy on you.

So, there's this boy. I like him. He likes me, and he tells me how much he likes me on a daily basis. He holds my hand in public without my having to ask or demand it. He reaches out behind him, extending his hand to me, an indication for me to wrap my fingers between his. This is a big deal for me.

He kisses me in public. He'll wrap an arm around me, pull me in, and kiss the top of my head while we're waiting in line at a Subway. We'll be in a crowded room of people and he'll walk by me as I sit on a couch, lean down and kiss me without shame or embarrassment. This is also a big deal for me.

I had surgery, and he visited me at my parents' house while I was in recovery. He brought me a sweatshirt of his own to wear so that I would miss him less while I was away from home. And better yet, he didn't complain about it, because according to some, visiting recovering-surgery-girls at their parents' house is boring and pointless because you can't do anything with them but sit with them and watch TV and movies and provide them with your company. Because that's such a terrible way to spend an afternoon. Such a burden. But this boy stayed with me and didn't complain.

We have matching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle knit caps. When I wear mine, sometimes he will pull his on, too, even when going out in public. He appreciates my weirdness. This is maybe the biggest deal of all.

If all of this made you run to the toilet to vomit, I don't care. Go read someone else's woes and sad words, because I don't have many of those left to say.

This boy is mine and I love him. Go find your own. :)

M

Comments

  1. I am so happy to read about your happy. Also, it matches my happy. :-) Yay for being happy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We. Want. Attention.

Job hunting is a funny thing.