Accomplished and House-Wifey

Hi...

I'm sitting in my apartment watching Parks and Rec in the bedroom while my boyfriend and his bros are drafting their fantasy football teams. I made them pigs in a blanket. I feel accomplished and house-wifey.

I'm writing now because I feel like maybe I should be, because in a few short months, I won't be living the same life, living in the same place, around the same people. So maybe I should write to remember these last few months here so that when I move to New York City, I can read these posts when I feel homesick.

I've been doing almost literally nothing but working at the golf course this summer. I feel like I'm such a drag since I have to go to bed early in order to wake up at 5:30am. I haven't gone out as much as last summer, I haven't drank or been drunk, I haven't even been up to my cottage since Memorial Day weekend. I'm hoping that once school starts, and my hours are dropped a bit at work, I'll be able to let loose a little bit more.

Also, I've been working out for the past month, and eating a lot better. It sucks that I didn't decide to jump on this health-kick bandwagon earlier, because now that I'm not a student (oh yeah, I graduated), I don't get to use the gym for free. So I paid $32 to work out for a month. I've worked out at least 5 days a week for the past 3 weeks. I actually look forward to going every day after work. Rainy days are the best because I feel like there's nothing better I could be doing.

I started drinking soy milk instead of dairy, I learned that I really enjoy coming up with smoothie recipes (I found a great recipe for Orange Julius that tastes JUST like the mall-bought brand), and Jade and I have stopped eating out every day. Instead, we make sandwiches for lunch and sometimes for dinner too.

We'll see how long it lasts.

I'm going in to see a surgeon tomorrow. I had a hernia repaired 3 years ago around this time, and I feel like it came...un-fixed? Whenever I eat too much, I feel a great deal of pain in my stomach where the hernia was. Sometimes, even just lying down can cause it to hurt. So I decided I should probably do something about it. It sounds awkward and crazy, but one of my biggest concerns is this:

If eating half a pizza makes this hernia hurt a lot, what happens when, down the road, there's a baby growing in there, taking up all that space and pushing my intestines all over the place? I have a huge irrational fear that it would rip apart my intestines and...just....suck. So I'd like to fix that, thanks.

I'm turning 25 in a month...

I don't really have anything funny or witty or silly to say......

Wigglepoop.

Food for thought.

-M

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We. Want. Attention.

Job hunting is a funny thing.